UGC releases guidelines for pursuing two degree programmes simultaneously
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Wednesday released guidelines for pursuing two-degree programmes simultaneously.
UGC on Tuesday announced that students will be able to pursue two full-time academic programmes in physical mode and another in ODL/Online mode, or up to two ODL/Online from the academic year 2022-23.
1. A student can pursue two full time academic programmes in the physical mode provided that in such cases, class timings for one programme do not overlap with the class timings of the other programme.
2. A student can pursue two academic programmes, one in full time physical mode and another in Open and Distance Learning (ODL)/Online mode; or up to two ODL/Online programmes simultaneously.
3. Degree or diploma programmes under ODL/Online mode shall be pursued with only suchHEIs which are recognized by UGC/Statutory Council/Govt. of India for running such programmes.
4. Degree or diploma programmes under these guidelines shall be governed by the Regulations notified by the UGC and also the respective statutory/professional councils, wherever applicable.
5. These guidelines shall come into effect from the date of their notification by the UGC. No retrospective benefit can be claimed by the students who have already done two academic programmes simultaneously prior to the notification of these guidelines.
The above guidelines shall be applicable only to the students pursuing academic
programmes other than the Ph.D programme.