Bhubaneswar: In the wake of rising cases of Covid 19 in the state, the Odisha government on Tuesday extended the Lockdown across the state till 5 Am of June 1.
However, this time the state government has reduced the time period for the opening of essential shops. Now people can purchase essential items between 7 Am to 11 Am.
The following activities will remain prohibited during the Lockdown:
- Buses for public transport.
- Intra-State movement of individuals by road, except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under these guidelines.
- All educational, training, coaching institutions, etc, except as allowed by Government. However, physical conduction of examinations by State, National, International bodies shall be allowed on a case to case basis by the respective Departments with due intimation to all concerned authorities.
- Exhibitions, Trade Fairs, Melas, physical business to business meetings are prohibited. However, such activities may be taken up in virtual mode.
- Taxis (including auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators (except as specified in subsequent paragraphs of this order).
- All cinema halls, malls, market complexes, gyms, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, merry-go-round (doli), meena bazaar and related activities and similar places.
- Jatra, opera, open air theatres shall not be allowed to operate.
- All salons, barber shop, spa, beauty parlour etc shall remain closed.
- All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other gatherings.
- All religious places, places of worship shall be closed for public. However, religious rituals are allowed with bare minimum priests, servitors and staff. religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Indoor and outdoor film shooting, TV serials related shooting shall not be allowed