Ammonia Gas Leak in Prawn Processing Plant at Paradip
Paradip: Ammonia gas leaked from a prawn processing plant at Paradip Garh on Sunday after which 15 persons including an eight year old child became ill.
As per information, a hose pipe burst in the plant caused the leakage. People working at the plant at the time of the incident and came in immediate contact with the gas developed breathing problems. The affected were immediately taken to Paradip Port Hospital and were treated. The health condition of three persons including the child deteriorated and they were shifted to SCB Medical College and hospital in Cuttack.
Assistant Director of Factories and Boilers, Chandrakant Dalei has asked for an enquiry of the mishap.