15-Day Lockdown Starts in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The first day of statewide lockdown starts in Odisha on Wednesday morning. In the wake of increasing COVID-19 cases in the state, Odisha government on Sunday announced the 15 days lockdown from May 5 to May 19.
While during the lockdown from Monday to Friday, essential services like groceries, vegetable shops, non-veg vendors among others will be allowed to operate from 7 AM to 12 PM. People can walk 500 metres nearby their house to purchase essential items within the time frame.
However, there will be complete shutdown on Saturday and Sunday.
Health and emergency services are allowed to function without restrictions.
As the vaccination drive is going on, people are allowed to travel to the vaccination centres. According to an order by the office of Special Relief Commissioner, anyone on a two-wheeler without a pillion rider will be allowed to travel to and from place of residence to Covid testing centre and vaccination centre during the lockdown.
Similarly, four-wheelers, auto-rickshaws, taxis, including cabs/auto-rickshaws by aggregators like Ola, Uber among others are allowed with two passengers in the back seat.
People are also permitted to travel to COVID testing centre, vaccination centre, airport, railway station, emergency medical requirements, personnel of essential services, marriage, funeral/ last rites among others during the lockdown.
List of activities that will remain prohibited during the lockdown –
1. Buses for public transport.
2. Intra-State movement of individuals by road, except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under these guidelines.
3. All educational, training, coaching institutions, etc., except as allowed by Government. However, physical conduct of examinations by state/ national/ international bodies shall be allowed on a case to case basis by the respective Departments with due intimation to all concerned authorities.
4. Exhibitions/ Trade Fairs/ Melas/ physical Business to Business meetings are prohibited. However, such activities may be taken up in virtual mode.
5. All cinema halls, malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, Merry-go-round (Doli) / Meena bazaar and related activities and similar places.
6. Jatra/ opera/ open-air theatres shall not be allowed to operate.
Comments are closed.