Headlines

India Will Strike Back Harder, Warns Rajnath Singh After Elimination of Pahalgam Attackers

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday issued a stern warning to Pakistan, declaring that India would respond with even greater force to any future acts of terror. Addressing the Rajya Sabha during a heated debate on Operation Sindoor, Singh confirmed that the three terrorists behind the April 22 Pahalgam massacre had been eliminated in a joint security operation.

The Defence Minister stated that forensic evidence had confirmed a direct link between the recovered weapons and those used in the attack, which killed 26 civilians. He emphasized that Indian forces acted with precision, ensuring no civilian casualties during the high-stakes mission. The terrorists, identified as members of The Resistance Front (TRF), were taken down in Operation Mahadev, a mission executed by the Indian Army, CRPF, and Jammu & Kashmir Police.

Referring to details previously shared by Home Minister Amit Shah in the Lok Sabha, Singh underlined the thoroughness of the investigation and the accountability of the operation. He said the weapons were sent for forensic analysis and conclusively matched those used in the Pahalgam killings, reinforcing the success of the targeted strike.

Singh praised the coordination and professionalism of the security agencies involved, calling the operation an example of India’s commitment to ethical warfare. He reiterated the government’s zero-tolerance approach to terrorism and made it clear that India would not hesitate to escalate its response if provoked again. Quoting Tulsidas, he asserted that the country would retaliate fiercely against any future provocations.

As the debate unfolded, Singh’s remarks were met with both support and criticism. TMC MP Derek O’Brien raised a point of order, alleging that the government was withholding operational details. However, the Deputy Speaker declined to entertain the objection. Meanwhile, Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge continued to press for more transparency, demanding clarity on possible military casualties and questioning why India was allowing its national cricket team to play against Pakistan in the upcoming Asia Cup.

The discussion in Parliament highlighted both the political sensitivity of the issue and the growing calls for a formal government white paper detailing the scope and implications of Operation Sindoor. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address the House on the matter later in the session.

Bureau The News Hashtag

Recent Posts

Dedicated Land Cell to Safeguard Lord Jagannath’s Properties

Bhubaneswar: Emphasising that Lord Shree Jagannath is the supreme spiritual landlord of the Odia community,…

13 hours ago

Over 5.6 Lakh Students Appear as Odisha HSC Exams Begin

Bhubaneswar: The Annual High School Certificate (HSC) Examination 2026 began across Odisha on Wednesday, with…

13 hours ago

When Flowers Became Freedom: How Sanatanpali Bloomed into Odisha’s Floriculture Hub

Bhubaneswar: Sanatanpali, a quiet village under Jujumara block in Odisha’s Sambalpur district, today wears a…

16 hours ago

District Collectors Told to Accelerate Infrastructure and Welfare Projects

Bhubaneswar: With a renewed thrust on accelerating grassroots development, Chief Secretary Anu Garg held an…

2 days ago

Four Strategic MoUs Signed to Strengthen Odisha’s Skill Ecosystem, Upgrade 22 ITIs into Centres of Excellence

Bhubaneswar: Odisha took a major stride towards building an industry-aligned and future-ready skilling ecosystem with…

2 days ago

First Batch of Women Drivers Complete Specialised Training for AMA Bus Services

Bhubaneswar: Marking a new chapter in Odisha’s public transport system, the Capital Region Urban Transport…

2 days ago